3 Sentence Poems for My 3 Year Old

Char is in a phase. It's been a long phase. It started when she was born.In her honor, I drafted up a few little poems.

ONE

My little Charlotte,

with a twinkle in your eyes,

and horns on your head.

TWO

Are you three years old?

Where did you learn all those words?

No four letters, please!

THREE

You are the second,

Birth order rules apply, here.

Wild child, yes!

FOUR

Keep me on my toes,

Wish I had extra eye balls.

Always in trouble.

FIVE

Look away one sec,

And you appear with a knife

and your sweet smile.

SIX

Pull on the dog's tail.

"He likes it, Mom," you tell me.

A dog's best friend. Not.

SEVEN

The little sister,

Are you a friend or a foe?

Little protector.

EIGHT

Up at 5 a.m.

You ask, What should we do now?

Go the F*7^k to sleep!

NINE,p>

Char, you make me laugh.

Charlotte, you make me cry, too.

Full of pride, and tears.

TEN

Kids don't challenge you.

Kids are so easy to raise,

Said no one, ever.

LAST

Who's in charge of who?

Isn't it so obvious?

So..clearly...she is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Teen Marriage

Mrs Cooperstown

Raising Children: Marriage Inequality