Skip to main content

Breaking News from Your Reputable News Source

Breaking News! Folks around this Upstate Village have reported numerous sightings, in recent days, of a man helping citizens (allegedly) in need. This man, unknown in identity, is tall, handsome, appears quite snuggly, and drives a small, black hatchback. This mystery man is leaving a memorable mark on our little town and has being fondly referred to as our new superhero, Micromanage-Man.

"I was loading my dishwasher yesterday," Sally Stay-At-Home Mom told this reporter, "And, suddenly a guy walked into my kithen and started re-arranging all of the dirty dishes in my dishwasher. He didn't look me in the eye, but he was sure I heard him say that the plates must be arranged in such a way or else the water won't get on them and they'll come out with food on them." When asked if he introduced himself, she said, "No, he never even told me his name. When he marched out the door, he said to me, "Never put the plastic on the bottom again or it's going to melt.

Mr. Almost Retired From his Day Job, Sometimes Apartment Manager shared this story with us, "I was trying to take measuremets for a new carpet in my apartment building and as I was writing down the length from the staircase to the bathroom, a gentleman stormed into the room. He pulled the measuring tape away from me and said I was an embarrassment of an engineer and last time I did this, the carpet was delivered two inches too short." When this reporter asked Mr. Almost Retired Sad Excuse for An Engineer what the man looked like, he stated the man was wearing a blue button down from Jos. A Banks, wrinkled khakis and cuff links. He was carrying an iphone. Maybe he has a glass eye but Mr.Almost Retired wasn't totally sure.

Little Girl on a Scooter had this to share, "I was having a good time scootering with my friend, Susie, and a man pulled up to the curb. He said I'd move along better if I pushed off 3-4 times instead of the two times I had been pushing. The Little Girl and Susie scootered away, making sure to push off 3-4 times, as advised.

Mr. and Mrs. Newlywed Couple received support from our mysterious hero last Sunday when they were debating over where to position their recently purchased Pottery Barn rug. "I told John I wanted the rug exaclty in the middle of the room and John said the rug should be up against the wall. Thank heavens Micromanage-Man came when he did. He said the rug should go slighlty to the left and should be underneath the couch leg to prevent the rug from moving too much." reported Mrs. Newlywed. Then she blushed. "Thank you Mr. Micromanage-Man! And, don't you think he looks a little like Ben Affleck?

Folks of our litte Upstate Village. Have no fear. Whether you are choosing the best bra to wear under your shirt, you can't figure out the right way to plant your garden, you need a little help determining which curtains to buy or you just don't know which cycle to choose on the new washer, Micromanage-Man will be there. All you need to do is have confidence in your abilities and before you know it, he'll be at your door! Your ability to tackle problems big and small are no match for our micromanaging superhero.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When The Team Won't Follow the Leader

I am aware that there are some critics out there who think that Andy and I are kind of loosey-goosey parents. Some think we don’t have enough rules or enough structure or discipline in our family. I’ve always felt really bad about this because, from one perspective, I can sort of see what they are talking about. Not a day goes by that I don’t feel guilty about being a shitty parent. My thoughts before passing out each night, exhausted, are about how I could’ve done a better job today and that I really hope I can do a better job the next day. Tomorrow is a new day to make rules and implement them, right? But I finally figured out what the missing link is for me and Andy and why we just can’t be the structured, rigid, disciplinarians that we “aspire“ to be. The other day I was picking up the kids. When we were driving home, my mind was racing with about 50 different things I needed to do at home and at work. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t really present in the moment with the kids even thoug...

Charlotte's Story

What can you do in seventeen minutes? Watch an episode of your favorite sitcom without commercials? Run two miles at a good clip? Eat a meal, or in Andy's case, microwave a meal and then eat it? Have a baby? Because that's what I did. You heard me right. I birthed a baby in seventeen minutes because I am a machine. I am a machine ! I am a baby birthing woman of steel. I am not much of a bragger and you may recall that I was never good and never bad at anything. I have no particular achievements to tout, academically, physically, professionally or otherwise except baby birthing. I'm really good at this and I'm pretty darn proud of it and I'd like to brag about it to you now. This is Charlotte's birth story. For the first four or five months of my pregnancy with Charlotte, most people forgot that I was even pregnant. This does happen to you with multiple pregnancies. I never forgot that I was pregnant. Morning sickness heart burn and frequent bathroom t...

The Perennial

Turning 40 is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I’m talking somebody standing at the top of the Empire State building with a wheelbarrow of bricks that they throw on top of me as I stand on the street. Every brick that catapults toward me has a different message: Your hair is getting gray. Your eyebrows are thinning. The skin on your neck and elbows is getting soft. Your hands are wrinkly. Your midsection is getting softer and rounder. You wear progressive glasses. You wake up and go to bed really early. You talk about things like vitamins and retirement. Your back hurts when you get out of bed and when you stand too long or when you sit too long. You think about taking Metamucil or Fiber One to keep you regular. You have one glass of wine and feel hung over the next day. Your kids talk about buying bras and getting their period. You should have stood up straight as a kid because now your neck and back are stuck in this awkward, turtle-like position, and it...